Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Gaming
After reading the suggested articles, I still find myself reluctant to get too deep into the gaming world. I can understand that there are some literacy benefits to gaming and also that we want to encourage people to come and see what the library has to offer. If gaming will get them in the doors, great! However, the whole concept of Second Life seems a bit much for me. I did a bit of reading about it and even created an avatar once but that was as far as I got. I just can't help feeling that this life keeps us busy enough, why get involved in a Second one? Getting teens involved in projects is great, and if this is what it takes to draw some of them into constructive processes, I guess we need to go with it, but I think getting them involved in positive projects in the real world is a better way to go, if possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment